You do realize that the main goal when writing an article, is to have your readers interested in your article. You are halfway done – readers who found your article and ran onto it are surely interested in the topic your article covers. Now you only need to have something that will gain their interest even more.
I am sure that you already know how being unique is important for everything. For example, unique websites are known to succeed; unique commercials. Almost every single unique idea ascends to the throne, of course, if properly treated. So, why wouldn’t you try to achieve a unique article writing style? It WILL attract your readers. And that is your goal, isn’t it?
When you develop a new style of writing (believe me, it’s not so hard), ask several readers to read one of your articles (we are going to call them “test-readers”, and they all have to read the same article). If most of the test-readers (there will always be at least one who will say “dude, this is cr*p”) say that it’s a quality article, then BINGO! Bull’s eye. Now try submitting 5 more. If you get a good response, try submitting 50 more. And voila! You’re at the throne.
In addition to all of the above, I’ve isolated several guidelines you should follow whenever writing an article:
- Note what type of publication the article is to appear in – for example, an international travel magazine for adults would require a neutral or formal register, whereas a college magazine aimed at teenagers could be written in a very informal register.
- Make sure the register you use is consistent throughout the article.
- Remember to include an appropriate title (interesting titles catch the reader’s attention).
- Introduce your topic in the opening paragraph.
- Be as clear and informative as possible.
- Engage the reader’s interest throughout.