Trying to write a feature article? Sometimes we all need a little help in sharpening our skills. That is why we are recommending you check out this book on Amazon “The Art and Craft of Feature Writing: Based on The Wall Street Journal Guide“. Please note that this is an affiliate link and we may earn a small commission if you make a purchase.
From Amazon (about this book):
Storytelling—how to catch and hold a reader’s interest through artful narration of factual material
William E. Blundell, one of the best writers on one of America’s best-written papers—The Wall Street Journal—has put his famous Journal Feature-Writing Seminars into this step-by-step guide for turning out great articles. Filled with expert instruction on a complex art, it provides beginners with a systematic approach to feature writing and deftly teaches old pros some new tricks about:
- How and where to get ideas
- What readers like and don’t like
- Adding energy and interest to tired topics
- Getting from first ideas to finish the article
- The rules of the organization
- How—and whom—to quote and paraphrase
- Wordcraft, leads, and narrative flow
- Self-editing and notes on style
… plus many sample feature articles.