Are you having difficulty to start writing an article? Actually, writing articles isn’t as hard as you may think. If you understand the rules of proper grammar and own a word processor, or word processing software that includes a spell checker, writing articles becomes quite easy. You will find the following 7 tips useful to you.
- One step at a time. This is a common mistake, especially by the newbies in article writing. Think about what you want to say, then ignoring about spelling or grammar; just write until you have said all that you wanted to say. When all is done, then that’s when editing comes in.
- Know your topic. Don’t be stressed over it. Knowing what you want to sell is not enough. Visit forums to find out what your customers are looking for. Answer their questions through your articles.
- The length of your article. Articles should be between 300 and 750 words. Most word processors come with the “word count” tool, so make use of this tool.
- Submission of your article. Do not submit your article immediately after you have completed it. Read it over and make sure you included all that you want to say, and most importantly, get someone else to read it, and sincerely accept any criticism from the reader.
- The objective of your article. Remember, you are writing an article, not a sales letter. The article should inform and lead readers to your website, where the selling will begin at the website. You do not want to risk losing your credibility with articles that are obvious sales letters.
- Stay focused. That is, make sure your article stays on track. Should you deviate from your original intention, make a note about the new article idea that you have accidentally found, and get back on track with your original plan.
- Last but not least, write in simple and easy-to-understand language. In short, write like the way you talk. In this way, your personality will shine through, and this is the first step to building a relationship with your readers.